Midwifery is covered by the Medical Services Plan in BC
- You can self-refer. Call us as soon as you know you are pregnant.
- Midwives provide full-service prenatal, birth and postpartum care.
- You can choose where you want to birth your baby: home or hospital.
- Midwives offer the same tests and procedures as doctors in BC.
- You can have a natural birth, pain medication, or undergo a c-section with your midwife.
Midwifery care in BC is an integral part of the BC health care system. We are working alongside physicians, obstetricians, pediatricians, psychiatrists, nutritionists, and many others to provide the best care for women and babies in our province. We also believe in the art of midwifery and preserve the learning from generations of midwives who have been catching babies from the dawn of our time.
Midwives are experts in normal birth.
- Midwives receive extensive training as primary health care providers.
- We tailor health care for you and your baby based on your needs and wishes.
- Our scope of care gives us the flexibility to ensure that your clinical needs are thoroughly met.